CCC Bridge Award Program
Grant Application deadlines: May 15, August 15, December 15.
The Cincinnati Cancer Center (CCC) is introducing a Bridge Award mechanism to facilitate proposals submitted by CCC members to NCI or other organizations with peer reviewed funding systems recognized by NCI (see HERE) as well as NASA that received a 35th percentile or equivalent score and peer review statement indicating high scientific merit but were not funded. Preference will be given to proposals submitted to NCI and NIH institutes. The purpose is to maintain the proposed project on track and enable the PI to address the review critiques and prepare a stronger resubmission application for successful funding.
CCC Bridge Awards of up to $15,000 will be awarded.
- The CCC Bridge Award is open to all CCC Members and Associate Members.
- Eligibility is one submission per year.
- Proposals are limited to cancer research.
- Peer review summary statement indicating high scientific merit.
- Applications limited to proposals that received a score.
- Funding may not be used for PI salaries, purchase of capital equipment or for administrative services.
- All presentations and publications resulting from the project should acknowledge affiliation with and support provided by CCC.
- Specific Aim page of the application
- Summary Statement
- Response to Critique – A brief 1-page (Arial 11) response to the reviewer’s critique and budget justification for the requested funds
Review of Proposals:
The proposals will be reviewed and scored by a review panel of experienced cancer researchers for scientific significance and response to critiques with the goal of leveraging the grant for resubmission towards successful extra-mural funding.
All investigators who receive funding will be expected to inform CCC of the success of extramural funding. This constitutes part of the annual evaluation process for continued membership and success of the CCC programs.